Collector’s Guide video game retro!
- Techniques to recognize reproductions.
- Garage sales trick of pro!
- List of places or find retro video games.
- Lists flea markets Quebec
Do you know the difference between an original video game and a reproduction?
Here are our techniques for recognizing copies and reproductions.
How to recognize reproduction of Nintendo video games?
It’s no surprise in the retro video game market the counterfeits can be found everywhere on Amazon, Ebay, Wish, Alibaba, in Pawn Shops, Flea Markets, on Facebook on Kijiji… But do you know how? recognize ?
There are even businesses that sell them without knowing it!
Protect yourself with our professional techniques!
The games most often copied are rare games, role-playing games, Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, and the most popular.
The quality of the labels is very poor, but there are virtually identical counterfeits so that is not the only thing to watch.
The best way to be sure that you don’t have a counterfeit is to open the game with our toolkit available on our web page.
How to recognize a copy Reproduction of Nintendo NES video games?
Here are Pro tips and tricks to differentiate an original Nintendo NES cassette and a counterfeit copy Reproduction.
- The mediocre label quality brighter, the reproduction is lighter, two numbers engraved in the back label not the repro.
- Then when you open the game there is no Nintendo engraved in the board.
- In the case there are also not the two engraved numbers melted in the plastic.
How to recognize a copy Reproduction of Super Nintendo SNES video games?
Here are Pro tips and tricks to differentiate an original Super Nintendo Snes tape and a counterfeit copy Reproduction.
- The poor quality of the label is brighter and the reproduction is lighter.
- Some games don’t even have screws to open, just pull.
- Also, on the back of the cassette, on the label there are not the two numbers engraved in the sticker on the back of the game and some do not even have the Nintendo mention on the game.
- When you look at the bottom of the tape there are no numbers engraved in the plastic.
- When you open the Nintendo cassette there is no Nintendo mention on the game board.
How to recognize a copy Reproduction of Nintendo 64 video games?
Here are Pro tips and tricks to differentiate an original Nintendo 64 cassette and a counterfeit copy Reproduction.
- The mediocre label quality is brighter, the reproduction is lighter and on the back of the cassette.
- On the label there are not the two numbers engraved in the sticker on the back of the set and some have not even the Nintendo mention on the game.
When you look at the bottom of the cassette there are no numbers engraved in the plastic or the pins of the board.
- When you open the Nintendo cassette there is no Nintendo mention on the board.
The overall look and feel are much more “cheap”, of lower quality, and the Nintendo seal of quality logo doesn’t reflect gold, it’s rather matte.
- Then, the color of the cartridge and the board are almost all brown in color: over time, they oxidized and changed color to be bronze brown, with some exceptions such as Resident Evil, for example, whose board is often white. , but in general the counterfeits are white in color.
SNES and N64 over time we have seen smugglers who were taking games such as NHL and changing the cassette housing for a label with embossed numbers and the same thing for games N64 change the plastic for the number under the game and the board dipped in the dye for browning.
How to recognize a copy Reproduction of Ninteendo Gameboy video games?
Here are Pro tips and tricks to differentiate an original cassette and a counterfeit copy reproduction of GameBoy, Gameboy Color and GBA ADV.
- The mediocre label quality is smoother, the reproduction is lighter and back of the cassette.
- On the label there are not the two numbers engraved in the sticker.
- Back of the game and some don’t even have the Nintendo label on the game.
How to recognize a copy Reproduction of Nintendo DS video games?
Here are Pro tips and tricks to differentiate an original Nintendo DS cassette and a counterfeit copy Reproduction.
- It’s much more difficult. Firstly, the picture quality, the reflection on the sticker and the Nintendo seal of quality are not the same.
- When looking at the back of the deck, the engraving is not the same and often back the numbers on the board of the cassette do not line up with the spaces.
- But there are almost identical fakes and it is very difficult to tell them apart.
- Here is a Youtube video that will give you more details for the DS games which we believe are the most difficult cartridges to recognize.
How to recognize a copy Reproduction of SEGA GENESIS video games?
Here are Pro tips and tricks to differentiate an original SEGA tape from a counterfeit copy Reproduction.
- The poor quality of the label is brighter, the reproduction is lighter.
- The overall look and feel is much more “cheap”, of lower quality.
- Then the color of the cartridge and the board are almost all brown in color: over time they oxidized and changed color to bronze brown. But in general the fakes are white in color.
How to find retro video games and become a better treasure hunter in garage sales in Quebec?
With Our 10 PRO TECHNIQUES FOR GARAGE SALES!
- In Quebec several municipalities offer you the chance to garage sales for free weekends are predefined for each cities from April to September.
- Tip 1 to find the calendar you can check the website http://www.ventedegarage.ca/calendrier
- Tip 2 sites of municipalities that are lists of addresses that are registered for Free sales.
- Tip 3 there have sales every weekend from April to September.
- Tip 4 forgotten no sales Community Center School Garage bazaars in parks and churches or non-profit organizations!
- Tip 5 we encourage you to make the list of addresses that are garage sales and put in your Google Maps to an itinerary and of course to the other at the same time to simplify your trip like this you can do several cities the same day.
- Tip 6 you need to be in the city at 5:30 am in the morning at the opening of garage sales and have each made up your if it has retro video games. For best resulta demand Xbox Playstation Nintendo GameBoy often the world does not even know.
- Tip 7 if you are not already too late 1st 10 people asked so you must be the first on the scene as soon as possible.
- Tip 8 the Apps (mobile) Google Maps Varage Sales, Let it go, Kijiji and others.
- Tip 9 is still more profitable to early summer because the world will accumulate all winter received new video games for Christmas and gets rid of old in the first garage sales so garage sales for March May and June are still profitable.
- Tip 10 Facebook garage sales groups and LesPAC Kijiji classified ad site displays advance garage sales you can contact them as soon as you see the ad and ask if they have retro video games and you sell before the sale.
- You learned something in this article? Sharing with your friends treasure hunters.
The resale of gaming in Quebec!
The most entertaining pastime in the country according to us, retro video games, and they have never been more popular, never mind the middle class and people. Whether to play and have fun, collect, buy, sell, exchange, join amateur clubs to meet and discuss, create blogs, make videos on Youtube to give advice and comments, make “review “relive a moment of nostalgia …
We saw the market turn from year to year and we see a hundred new collectors, stores and dealers that come to market each year. And every year, we also note that a hundred disappears because competition is fierce in this domaine.Soyez vigilant because in the resale market for video games in Quebec there are many fans who improvise merchants or trade video games .
Recognize fraudsters and scammers.
- Unfortunately in this area there are a lot of fraudsters!
- People who make Facebook pages or on classified ads sites and to sell and who do not declare themselves.
- They sell games illegally without being registered in the Quebec business register.
- Many people sell video games without even testing them.
- We have even seen people selling defective and incomplete items and then they block you or ignore you… Yes!
Here are some clues to be able to spot them so you don’t get ripped off. If the person selling is not able to give you back:
- A REQ number
- A bill.
- Tax numbers.
Beware of fraudsters who do not report their income and do not obey the laws.
Directory Annex List Of Flea Markets
- Flea Markets In Bromont
- From Lachute Flea Markets
- Flea Markets De Ste-Hyacinthe
- Flea Markets In Saint-Eustache
- Flea Markets In Prevost
- Flea Markets Brébeuf
- Flea Markets Metropolitan
- Flea Markets St Michel
- Flea Markets Buckingham Auction Larose
- Flea Markets De Ste Foy
- Flea Markets From Jean-Talon Quebec
- Flea Markets Charlebourg Quebec
- Flea Markets Toit Bleu
- Market Flea Market Hudson Finnegan
- Flea Markets In Mercado
- The market Chip Red Roof
- Flea Market At St-Martin Laval
Where can we find retro video games?
Where to buy Nintendo Tapes?
Here is the List of places to find retro video games.
- Family countertops, thrift stores, community centers.
- Basements church, family support center.
- Stores Value Village Renaissance Army Hi.
- There are also stores the lender kind Shops (Pawn Shop)
- There is also the classified ad sites.
- On Facebook in group sales and are also bidding groups.
- There are also flea markets at internal and external cheaply and more.
- In some bazaar-style shopping store used occasionally.
- In garage sales.
- There are also several conventions which include resellers are like Comic-Con, The Club lounge and collectors by cons in these places often the stores resellers who are already there have already happened before the opening, soon to buy good deals!
Do you know of any other places that are not on the list?
Write us [email protected]
Hobby Video Games This is an online store Specializing in the sale of New or Used Video Games Consoles Controllers Accessories For Retro Gaming for Geek, Gamer, Collector, Nostalgic Retro-Gamer. Quebec online store… New products – See all
Our expertise is in old Nintendo with Nes Super Snes N64 Gamecube Wii U cassette. Switch Lite Game Boy Color Adv Gba Sp 3 DS PlayStation Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Ps4 Ps5 Psp Vita Xbox One S 360 Sega Atari…. All our products are guaranteed original and authentic
Video Games Store Hobby Games Store Canada Save with Free Expedited Shipping for purchases in Canada $ 100 + Fast delivery anywhere in Canada with Tracking Number. Parcels carefully packaged and posted in less than 48 hours.